These have been recently added to our list of bills that Jason Lewis voted for and that passed the House.
- H.R. 4790, Volcker Rule Regulatory Harmonization Act. - This bill amends the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 to exempt from the Volcker Rule banks with total assets: (1) of $10 billion or less, and (2) comprised of 5% or less of trading assets and liabilities. (The Volcker Rule prohibits banking agencies from engaging in proprietary trading or entering into certain relationships with […]
- H. J. Res. 2, Proposing a Balanced Budget Amendment. - This joint resolution proposes a constitutional amendment prohibiting total outlays for a fiscal year from exceeding total receipts for that fiscal year unless Congress authorizes the excess by a three-fifths roll call vote of each chamber. The prohibition excludes outlays for repayment of debt principal and receipts derived from borrowing. The amendment requires a three-fifths roll […]
- H. R. 4061, Financial Stability Oversight Council Improvement Act of 2017. - This bill amends the Financial Stability Act of 2010 to require the Financial Stability Oversight Council, in determining whether a nonbank financial company shall be designated as systematically important and consequently be supervised by the Federal Reserve Board and subject to prudential standards, to consider the appropriateness of imposing such standards as opposed to other forms of regulation to mitigate […]
- H. R. 4293, Stress Test Improvement Act of 2017. - This bill amends the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to modify testing requirements applicable to bank holding companies and certain nonbank financial companies, including by: (1) establishing limitations on Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review by the Federal Reserve Board, (2) reducing the frequency of stress testing from semiannual to annual, and (3) […]
- H. R. 4263, Regulation A+ Improvement Act of 2017 - This bill amends the Securities Act of 1933 to increase the amount of securities (like stock) companies can offer and sell over a 12 month period while being exempt from some disclosure and registration requirements under Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Regulation A+ from $50 million to $75 million. It would require the SEC to adjust […]