These have been recently added to our list of bills that Jason Lewis voted for and that passed the House.
- H. R. 3299, Protecting Consumers’ Access to Credit Act of 2017. - This bill amends the Revised Statutes, the Home Owners’ Loan Act, the Federal Credit Union Act, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Act to state that bank loans that are valid when made as to their maximum rate of interest in accordance with federal law shall remain valid with respect to that rate regardless of whether […]
- H.R. 3978, TRID Improvement Act of 2017 - This bill amends the Real Estate Settlement Procedures of 1974 to modify disclosure requirements applicable to mortgage loan transactions. Specifically, the disclosed charges for any title insurance premium shall be equal to the amount charged for each individual title insurance policy, subject to any discounts as required by either state regulation or the title company rate […]
- H.R. 620, ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017 - From the bill: “This bill requires the Disability Rights Section of the Department of Justice to develop a program to educate state and local governments and property owners on strategies for promoting access to public accommodations for persons with a disability. … The bill prohibits civil actions based on the failure to remove an architectural […]
- H. R.4771, Small Bank Holding Company Relief Act of 2018. - This bill will raise the consolidated assets threshold under the small bank holding company policy statement, and for other purposes. Before the end of the 6-month period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System shall revise the Small Bank Holding Company Policy Statement on […]
- H. R. 772, Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act of 2017 - This bill amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to revise the nutritional information that restaurants and retail food establishments must disclose. The nutrient content disclosure statement on the menu or menu board must include: (1) the number of calories contained in the whole menu item; (2) the number of servings and number of […]