We advocate strong law enforcement policies combined with vigorous crime prevention programs that emphasize education, treatment and rehabilitation.
- H.R. 4712, Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act - This bill amends the federal criminal code to require any health care practitioner who is present when a child is born alive following an abortion or attempted abortion to: (1) exercise the same degree of care as reasonably provided to any other child born alive at the same gestational age, and (2) ensure that such […]
- H. R. 38, Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. - Bill Summary: This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms. A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid […]
- H. R. 3697, Criminal Alien Gang Member Removal Act - This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to make an alien: (1) inadmissible if a consular officer, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or the Department of Justice (DOJ) knows or has reason to believe that such person is or has been a member of a criminal gang or has participated in criminal gang […]
- H. R. 3043, Hydropower Policy Modernization Act of 2017. - To modernize hydropower policy, and for other purposes. H.R. 3043 would modernize the regulatory permitting process and encourage the expansion of hydropower generation by improving administrative efficiency, accountability, and transparency; promoting new hydropower infrastructure; requiring balanced, timely decision making; and reducing duplicative oversight. Why Jason Lewis’ vote conflicts with our values. “This bill would increase […]
- H. R. 3004, Kate’s Law - This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to revise provisions relating to the reentry of removed aliens. Why Jason Lewis’ vote conflicts with our values. “While it is nominally an “immigration” bill, its principal aim relates to criminal justice—namely, an increase in the maximum sentences for immigrants who reenter the country illegally after a […]
- H. R. 3003, No Sanctuary for Criminals Act - This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to prohibit any federal, state, or local government or any individual from prohibiting any government entity, official, or employee from complying with the immigration laws or cooperating with federal law enforcement of such laws. Why Jason Lewis’ vote conflicts with our values. “The federal government should give […]